Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hi.


So, this is what I look like after editing about 100 pictures within an hour or two. Or three...Okay, fine. Four. Four hours of editing. I think. You know I can't remember these things.

I now have a whole new respect for professional photographers. I mean, my goodness! I shot a family reunion the other day and took about 380 pictures, and I'm trying to get myself in the habit of editing every picture, not just my favorites. And it's hard! I can only stare at a screen for so long. And good Lord. Imagine being responsible for an entire wedding? From start to finish? That will be me, soon, by the way. I mean, I shot a wedding with Brittany Strebeck, but I only focused on certain things, like the bride getting ready and stuff. But wow...ahhhh....

Okay, I am done complaining. In all truth, I love photography and I enjoy doing this crazy job. For the past few nights, I've been up past four aye em to edit and play with my camera and what not. My sleep cycle is all over the place. If all goes as planned, I have a bridal shoot and wedding coming up within the next month. I'm also going to take some portraits of my Aunt Julie who is staying with my mom and I for a few days. She's moving to California, so she's driving her car all the way from Maryland to CA, and on her way she stopped to say hello for a few days. Like I do with everyone that visits, I took her to ACU today and showed her around. Unlike everyone else that visits, we went to get pedicures and go shopping at Goodwill. I bought a old timey vintagey coat rack thing and an old timey vintagey footlocker, as well as some sixty cent athletic tees. Woot!

$10
$5*
I LOVE GOOD WILL. 

Remember the last post where I told you all about the glorious things I found at Forever 21? I only ended up buying two things from there:


Then I bought some stuff from Etsy:

I can't remember how much this was.... like $15? Maybe?

$8

And I really, REALLY wanted to buy this headband, but it was $17 and I wasn't sure how often I'd wear it :(
It's 3:34 a.m. I have to sleep now. I apologize for the lack of posts. I have many many things on the grand to-do list this week. Goodnight. 

*Yes, it was cheap. But you know why? Because it smells like some creepo killed an animal, stuffed it in the suitcase thing, and dropped it off at Goodwill. I then imagine that the Goodwill people were like, "Oh! How glorious! An old timey vintagey footlocker thing!" But then they opened it and were appalled. But it's goodwill. So of course they discarded of the body and Febreezed** it, and waited for someone like ME to buy it. I'm alright with this. I just threw two giant air fresheners in there and locked it up. I will open it in a few days and smell the orangey goodness.
**Febreeze works on everything! I kid you not! Okay, I know this is totally gross and no guy will ever want to date me after they read this, but I don't care. It is comical. The other day I was supposed to go to a concert and my hair actually looked really good-but it, of course, had to stink. We had to leave in like ten minutes and there was no way I was going to be able to shower and what not before we left and just when I was about to panic....I saw the Febreeze. I hope you see where I am going with this.***
***I Febreezed my head, idiot.****
****I apologize for calling you an idiot. You're probably not. You probably just want to believe that I am not the type of girl who is so lazy that would rather Febreeze her head than take a shower. But I am. Accept it.


7 comments:

shelbyisms. said...

I'm reallllly diggin' that trunk. And you're right, Febreeze DOES fix everything. Pfft, if I was a boy I'D NEVER DATE YOU ANYWAY, SO HA!

Only joshin' with ye, Mary Garvin ;)

And my sleep schedule = complete s**t. Excuse the French. Since I got my wisdom teeth out (it will be two weeks in three days), I haven't had a good night's sleep. I either wake up periodically or wake up super early, like at six am when I go to bed at two. Which is what happened today. Which is why I'm up.

I hate my life. Have fun editing, miss photographer.

scarlett said...

I love the Goodwill & Etsy.

Actually, I wish I were more candid with my blog. I hold back so much, but I'm happy you find my writing honest and raw. Thanks a bunch. c:

Melany said...

I can't believe you febreezed your head, you silly girl!

Actually, I can. Because you're Mary.

fromafool said...

I just wanted to let you know that I totally bought that first skirt, the black, pink, and blue one.

Also, you're not the only one with a messed up sleep schedule. I don't think I've slept normally since Europe. I'm definitely not excited for school to start next week because I'm consistently exhausted and busy with work!

I'm so excited for you shooting full weddings and whatnot! You're going to be a famous photographer one day!

Kait said...

Funny I get that same look spending hours editing things on Photoshop except my eyes become more glazed over.

You made some great purchases. I wish I would stumble upon things I loved that were actually affordable. I should try thrifting more maybe. Although I'm afraid of the smell you encountered.

Febreeze hair. You are awesome. Maybe I should question my own hygiene for thinking that is a smart solution...

Julie said...

I had an awesome time Mary! Our 60 cent tees rock! I hope you really can come to Cali for Spring Break.

Robert said...

gotta use photoshop actions! they make editing a lot easier!