Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SAVED BY THE HONEY WAFFLE CAKE!

HONEY WAFFLE CAKE.
Waffle batter+a swirl of honey+pancake pan= HONEY WAFFLE CAKE

So, this morning I was totally supposed to drive to Abilene and get my haircut, buuuttt I slept in instead. Which turned out to be a good thing, because when I finally woke up and called Trade Secret to see if I could get an appointment, my favorite hairdresser was off work today. So I shall get my hair did at 10 a.m. tomorrow. After I decided all this, I was uber hungry (seeing as it was 1:30 pm) and made Honey Waffle Cakes, my latest breakfast invention. The last invention was made during a Tyler Feeding (I often feed Tyler, my best friend, when he comes into town. I call it The Tyler Feeding). We made pancake muffins. Delicious. Speaking of Tyler, here's an example of why we're best friends:

Tyler: so i caught a mouse using a plastic cup

Mary: ew
Tyler: russ freaked out. i don't understand how mice are scary
they weigh 4 ounces. soooo frightening
Mary: theyre gross and creepy. unless they're pets. then they're cute.
Tyler: lol, nice. so just the state of being in a cage makes one mouse more acceptable than another one?
Mary: yes
Tyler: lol, nice. i wonder if mice think people in jail are cuter than people who aren't...

Tyler: charles manson is waaaaaay cuter than either of us
Mary: hes in jail?
Tyler: ? That's generally what they do to people who break into houses and stab people to death sweetness.
Mary: OOOOOOOOOOH! i thought you said marilyn manson!

Hehe. I love him. ANYWAY, Marygarvinphotography.com is FINALLY launched, and you know what that means? IT'S SUMMER READING TIME! Here's a few books that are on my list:


If you do not know who this is, this is the ex-lead guitarist for KORN. Save me from myself is the story of how he quit KORN, kicked drugs, and gave himself to Jesus. I. Am. Stoked.

I do believe this should be a lot like an all-time favorite of mine, Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. Every chapter is like a blog sort of thing. At least I hope so.

Google image this book, NOW! It's a big, fat, awesome art book. This guy randomly sent of 1000 journals all around the globe, and one person writes/does artsy things in it, passes it on to someone else, and so on, and when it's done, it's sent back to the original owner. And then that dude made a series of journals with all the coolest stuff in it and published it and its so cool and this is a horrible description and I'm sorry about that, and, and, and...GOOGLE IT!

Donald Miller is just cool in general. ACU gave this book for free to all their incoming freshmen. Woohoo!

I got this as a graduation present from a wonderful lady named Mo. Mo is the one to credit for my Indian name changing from "Skin like snow, hair like straw" to "Skin like snow, hair like silk." She gave me the good advice to, "treat my hair like a cashmere sweater," so I'm sure this book of writing tips will be just as great.

Another graduation present! My cousin Martin is a graphic designer, and since I'll be a graphic design minor, he and his familia thought this would be a prefect present. And you know what? IT TOTALLY IS.


You know what I JUST noticed? I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU PEOPLE MY SCHEDULE YET! Gasp! After all this talk about ACU and I don't even tell you my fall class schedule...how could I? This Europe Blog is taking away from everything else I must inform you about! Here ya go:
MONDAYS:
  • 8-8:50 a.m. Introduction to Art
  • 9-9:50 a.m. Creating Media Messages
  • 10-10:50 a.m. States and Federal System
  • 1-1:50 p.m. University Seminar

TUESDAYS:

  • 1:30-2:50 P.M. Composition and Rhetoric
  • 12-1:20 P.M. Life&Teachings of Jesus

WEDNESDAYS:

  • 8-8:50 a.m. Introduction to Art
  • 9-9:50 a.m. Creating Media Messages
  • 10-10:50 a.m. States and Federal System
  • 1-1:50 p.m. University Seminar

THURSDAYS:

  • 1:30-2:50 P.M. Composition and Rhetoric
  • 12-1:20 P.M. Life&Teachings of Jesus
FRIDAYS:
  • 8-8:50 a.m. Introduction to Art
  • 9-9:50 a.m. Creating Media Messages
  • 10-10:50 a.m. States and Federal System

    Photobucket

As afore mentioned, marygarvinphotography.com is now launched. HOWEVER, if I begin getting clients the way I hope I do, I will probably have to get another site. I bought this on a jetlag-and while I still find it the prettiest website bludomain.com offers, it lacks many things I need.

One: a proofing section. This is kind of why I even got a website. A proofing section is where I give the client a password to type in on the website and they get to see every picture I took during the session, and which ones I edited. This way, I don't have to make a CD, put them on a jump drive, e-mail them, etc. All I have to do is upload them, and from there the client can add them to a shopping cart and WALLAH, my job is done. Except, my site doesn't have one. So unless I find an alternative, I will have to get another site.

Two: There is only one text section, and I need two: One for Pricing, and one "About Mary" page. Right now, the two subjects are in one section. Which is fine, assuming that everyone can find it. I made the link to it say About Mary&Pricing. Lets hope that does the job.

Three: It's a flash site, which I recently learned disables many iPhone users from viewing my site. Which will include me in a few weeks... So...that's unpleasent. Now I know why Brittany Strebeck has the HTML option on her welcome page.

Until I get more clients, though, I won't spend the $200 or so extra dollars on the new site. I hope I get lots of clients. My prices are super low for the time being, anywhere from $60-$80 for portraits, bridals, etc. We shall see how things go. Whichever way things end up, I'll be happy knowing it's because the Lord is steering.

Today I will be taking some pictures for the contact&splash page and researching ways to have a proofing section and HTML option...hmmm...Tomorow, going to Abilene for a haircut, and Friday a sleepover with my roomie! She's going to watch me make our doodle wall for the dorm and possibly help. Very exciting. Good day!

No comments: