Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's like the iceberg that hit the Titanic...but less murderous and more catchy and musical.

I only have a few things to say tonight. I think.

FOR STARTERS, guess what time I went to bed last night? Just guess. You never, ever will. 

EIGHT AYE EM.

No. I am not pulling your leg. I really was awake from 3 pm (I slept in) until 8 am the next day. This is not normal people! I blame Europe. Ever since Europe my sleep cycle is all screwy.

Now I'm pulling your leg. I can not blame Europe for my sleep cycle. I am insane, you should know this. it is no ones fault but my own that I was up until 8 am today. I enjoy staying up late. It's dark, quiet, and there isn't anyone telling me to clean my room or give the dog a shot (MOTHER). But last night I actually tried to go to bed. The clock struck four am, and I jumped in bed thinking, "Hooray! I'm going to bed EARLY! How exciting and delightful!" But then I just laid there and started at my ceiling. I wasn't really thinking of anything in particular, like life on other planets or how many cats I'd like to own someday....Oh, no. Usually, those are things I would've thought about. But I really was pretty blank. 

I eventually decided to get up and textbook.* My mom heard me tearing paper and barged in my room and, seeing as it’s somewhere around 6 am, asked me why the &#$% I was still awake. I shrugged my shoulders, said sorry, and went back to my book. I didn't realize that much time had passed until I noticed the sky was turning blue, and my room was getting brighter. My mom came in again and said she was off to work, and I headed outside to watch the morning rain fall on the dry, thirsty grass.

It was divine. I was sitting there in a t-shirt dress, leggings, and a sweatshirt (hood on, of course), in my flip flops watching the rain after an all nighter. I wanted to dance in the rain. I wanted to sing for the birds and neighbors and people driving to work. But I refrained and played Flood-it on my iPhone** instead. I was sleepy.

Sleep eventually came, thank God. Abel came over that afternoon and…well, it was an awesome day.

First, we made French toast for lunch. But it wasn’t just ANY French toast, it was Robot Mickey Mouse, heart, airplane, and music note shaped French toast. I found some cookie cutters and couldn’t resist.

Later on we took a long drive out in the country and came back and made calzones, which Maggot of course joined us for. I can’t make calzones and NOT call my dear, sweet Maggot. They came out looking somewhat unfortunate...but ended up tasting delicious.


Now I’m here, all alone (I miss Maggot and Abel L ). At 4 am, once again. I’m running on literally less than 5 hours of sleep, and still awake. Guys, I’m gonna die in college. I’m just never gonna sleep, ya know? Ugh.

In other news, I got a new printer from Canon since the last one crapped out. Hooray for exchanges! It works, and it’s scanner enabled me to make a few changes to the site. How? GO SEE! I would feel awful if I just told you…

The Reporter News published a story of mine...and it ran first page on their Life section. I was amazed. Everyday I am amazed with how God decides to use and bless me. This story was so cool. I shall give you the first paragraph of the story...and you can read the rest if you please:

"Three years ago, 20-year-old Brady Bruton decided he was no longer going to buy cases for his guitar. Instead, he would buy the necessary materials and make them himself. Now 23, Bruton, of Abilene, owns his own case making company, Brady Cases, which caters to popular Christian bands such as RED, Rush of Fools, and NeedtoBreathe."

Read the rest here.

I’m going to a concert on Tuesday at Monks. I is pumped. I’m also going to Maggot’s garage sale tomorrow. I is pumped for at as well. Other than that…I am tired. Oh! I got a twitter. I'm not sure how to work it, but my user name is MiraculousMary if you can find me that way. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Haha follow me!

*It's kinda like scrap booking, but less on the cheesy "Remember that one time..." stuff and more artsy and AWESOME stuff.

** Oh yeah, I GOT AN iPHONE! WOOOO!

2 comments:

Kait said...

I want to have you cook for me. Fun shaped french toast and calzones? Yumm : )

Congratulations on your article being a published and on the new iPhone!

I have horrible sleeping habits as well. I feel like I am nocturnal but not all the way because I usually function on a few meager hours of daytime sleep and find myself up until the wee morning hours every night. My family is used to the sound of rustling pages and keyboard taps at all hours of night though so they don't peek in to bother me anymore.

Marvelous Maggie said...

Dear Mary,

You're funny. And I like that your header thing is like "See Also: Marygarvinphotography.com" I don't know. It just made me laugh.

And how you're like "Marvelous Maggie--THE BLOG!" Hehe.

Love,
Maggie