Saturday, May 9, 2009

I heart pink things.

I went to Lowe's last night to get some paint and wood to paint on. I don't believe in canvas, just ginormous pieces of wood. Anyway, I got some AWESOME metallic silver, hot pink, and black spray paint as well as some letter and number stencils for my summer mural project. I want to get two 4x8ft pieces of (some sort of) wood, but since I wouldn't be able to fit that ANYWHERE, I might just get one piece. I'm going to ask my room mate if she minds if I bring it with me to ACU and it can be our own mobile Doodle Wall.

Oh yeah! I got a room mate! She is AWESOME! I met her while taking the ACT yesterday at ACU. We got to talking and really hit it off. Love at first sight sort of thing, but in a room mate, non-lover kind of way. She was wearing James Avery, of course it was going to work. I'm not going to tell you her name, because some people are really paranoid about giving everyone on the Internet their name, and I'm not sure how she feels about this. haha. She's a music education major and plays piano, guitar, and trumpet. Which is awesome, because I want to play piano and am learning guitar. I'm going to be her practice student. haha Another thing that is awesome is that she is awesome at math-and I am not. I am awesome at English-and she is not. We compliment each other. haha If all goes well, we could be each other's tutor.

We decided that our dorm is going to be absolutely absurd. We are going to have pink kitchen appliances and Hello Kitty toasters. I still want a freaking tye-dye blanket, but am having no luck finding one. I also want a lava lamp (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), and rope light to hand on the corners of the ceiling.

Yes, that's right. We are going to have a groovy dorm.

In addition to finding an AWESOME roommate, I did good enough on my ACT to get $2,500 a year for four years! YAHHOOOO! I was not expecting this at all. (People, just to make this clear, I am in NO WAY bragging, just sharing what's going on in Maryville.) Here's why:

I did not study for the ACT at all. I googled it, and there were no useful study guides, so I just said nope, no studying. Plus, I've taken it before, and knew that there aren't a whole bunch of ways to study. I also forgot my graphing calculator, AGAIN, and had to use my less-innovative-but-still-functional-and-useful-calculator-that-my-Dad-bought-me-fifteen-minutes-before-the SAT-last-weekend. So that didn't help. I like those phrases with the - dealies. Don't know if I'm doing it right, but it's fun.

During the math portion I realized how hungry I was and could not for the life of me focus on anything but Red Robin chicken strips (AKA Clucks and Fries) and chocolate milkshakes. During the science section I kept thinking, "Someone kill me, now." "Please God, kill me, and then bring me back after this stupid test is done." "Holy crap! Why did I sign up for this test?!?!" And then, finally, "Screw it. I'm just answering C on all of these."

The most cruel thing of all, probably my ONLY reasonable objection to the ACT other than it's hard to study for, is that they placed the science portion at the end. It's mainly just reading a bunch of graphs, but after 250+ questions mostly involving paragraphs of reading, I was in NO MOOD to read, and marked C on over half of it. The beauty of the ACT is that you don't get counted off for wrong answers, so by guessing C, I was just increasing the possibility of getting more points. So it was good stuff. Especially since I will not get scholarship money for it.

I e-mailed a bunch of photography studios in Abilene yesterday begging for a job or internship. Hah, I left Brittany Strebeck (brittanystrebeck.blogspot.com) a comment on facebook saying that I feel like following her around on photo shoots because she is JUST THAT COOL, and she said she'd love it. Clearly, she does not know that that was a very serious comment trying to be pulled off as a joke because even I know it's a little absurd. But hey, maybe it will happen :)

I found out that my cousin and his fiance are going to be on ANOTHER reality show. His fiance is a big-time model in LA (I know, right?), and her agent was like, "Hey, how would you and your fiance like to be on a reality show?" haha. So, that's what's going on there.

I'm going to Saturday school voluntarily today. haha I need to get a bunch of stuff done. I'm such a nerd.

Before I go, I have to tell you how truly loved I feel by God right now. ACU is working out more than perfectly, I am happy, early graduation is actually going to happen, and throughout all my doubts and fears in Him, he still loves me relentlessly. How do I know this? I just do. It feels to good, worked out too perfectly, to be something I am imagining and making up. I did not get myself almost $10,000 a year in scholarships at ACU...that was all God. I have no doubt in that.

2 comments:

Melany said...

That is so cool about your room mate! And the mobile doodle wall. That's freaking awesome!

I'm glad all of this stuff has worked out for you, Mary.

I love you!

shelbyisms. said...

Your dorm seems absolutely boss. And I think that if you don't find a tye dye blanket, you should probably just make one. Handmade trumps store bought, anyway. I bet your roomate has one! :D

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ACT! It seems like everyone who doesn's study does really well. That's most likely what I'm going to do, just because reading blogs seems much more exciting than reading guid books, ya know?

And THANKS for the amazing blog comment. I was fighting my printer and it instantly lifted my mood.