Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is it Thursday?

So last week I had the flu and missed three days of school, and now I have strep and have to miss two. I can go back tomorrow, but we have a UIL meet and we leave at 8:15 am Friday morning. Then it's spring break. So really, I am going to be extremely behind in all of my classes when I get back. I have to go to school in a little bit to get all my work. Sometime today I also have to call the judge in Austin about the ticket I got for running a stop sign. Ugh, that was so embarrassing.



So, I'm starting to stress out horribly about college now. I wasn't worried at all when I thought I was going to ACU with a ton of scholarships, but now that I'm probably not going to ACU because I have NO scholarships (so far) there, I don't know what to do with myself. I wouldn't be so worried if I had made the deadline for scholarships at Texas State, which I didn't. I didn't even know I was graduating early when their scholarship deadline passed. So, clearly, I've missed that one. Arg! I made Angelo State's deadline, but everyone (minus maybe two people) who I've talked to about Angelo advises I shouldn't go there because I'm "Not an Angelo girl." I don't exactly know what that means, but I don't really want to go there anyway. I mean, granted I know nothing about the school, so I couldn't possibly know I don't want to go there,
but I do know that it's an hour and a half from home, and 4 and a half hours from Austin. If I'm not going to ACU, the goal is to be closer to Austin, not farther.



I don't know what I'm doing any more, and I'm glad I don't have to know. It's relaxing to know that everything that's happening is a part of God's (sometimes annoying and confusing) plan. Sometimes I feel like I'm not making good decisions while other times I remember how God has led me to this decision and that I know I wouldn't back out. With ACU, everything has been working out. With Texas State...having a hard time there. I mean, it's not horrible and completely not working out, but it's not going nearly as smoothly as ACU. So maybe God is going to put me at ACU after all. How do you know where God wants you? When he makes things harder-or easier?

The trouble is, it's hard for me to say "He will get me to ACU" because now I'd kind of rather be at Texas State. I actually don't really have a preference, so all I can say is that God's going to work his magic and I will be taken care of. Even still, it's driving me crazy having to wait.



To everyone who's not graduating this year, seriously. Listen to your parents when they tell you to start looking at scholarships and college deadlines. Don't wait. Waiting sucks.



Anyway, after I went to the doctor yesterday I had to go to Breckenridge to get my medicine. When I got there, some of the same workers who were there when I locked my keys in my car there last week saw me and asked how I was doing. It was nice. I like nice people. The pharmacy, again, took forever, so I went to subway and ate. When I came back I still had about 30 minutes, so I walked around getting groceries and decided to buy The Notebook and Charlie Bartlett. I also decided to buy a yoga and pilates kit, which is awesome. It came with miniature medicine balls, a huge inflatable ball, two skretchy rope things, and a really crappily made (yet useful and instuctive) workout DVD. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I truly do not feel sick at all. I'm just really tired and cough constantly. The doctor thinks I'm contagious so I'm quarantined in my house till Friday. So working out is possible. I used it last night and it was amusing how unbalanced I am. A lot of the exercises were about balance, so of course I failed miserably. I'm hoping that these workouts help though. haha



My mom was out of town from Sunday till Tuesday so I had the house to myself. It was amazing. On one hand, it really didn't feel that different because my mom and I only really talk if she needs something or I need her credit card or advice. Or we're watching Burn Notice together. But it was nice to be alone. I love being alone. I get more done. I cleaned my room and bathroom, the kitchen, and mopped and swept, just because I felt like it. I made dinner for myself and then did the dishes. It was surprising to me I could actually function better alone than with other humans. Hmm. So this is what college will be like?

I wrote this blog on Thursday but it is now Friday. I am happy this morning. I had a wonderful alarm clack wake me up, two actually, Mikey and Megan. So, of course, I was very very happy. I'm going to the overnight UIL meet this weekend, very very excited about that. Bottom line, I don't feel sick! WOO HOO!

1 comment:

shelbyisms. said...

First off, I just read the first couple of lines of the post beneath this entry, and I love cupcakes, too! :)

As for this blog, I am terribly sorry about not meeting the deadline. I can only begin to imagine how stressful being about to graduate is :/