Thursday, February 26, 2009

So, I have the flu,

which is not nice at all. I'm really pissed off that I can't go to school. I thought I was gonna hit something when the doctor told me I couldn't go to school until Monday (maybe Friday), which is weird because I usually pray that he tells me something like that. I've already missed a lot of school because of doctors appointments, college days, or whatever. I have one more at least partial day I have to miss because of getting a cavity filled in Abilene. errg...not happy about that. The only thing I'm worried about is not being able to graduate early. Mr. Terrel (principal) terrifies me every morning on the announcements when he says, "Make sure not to miss school all of you who are trying to graduate! Better be here!" It's terrifying. It's like, if I miss one day, I'm gonna have to go back to kindergarten and starting all over again. So, even if I'm dying of cancer, I better be at school, or else. I have no new books to read, just a lot of homework and cleaning to do. Yay.

Things I'll be doing today and tomorrow:
Online English
Online Economics
Clean room& kitchen
History
English Essay
photography
find new music

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this whole college thing. None. I want to go to both ACU and Texas State. So really, whatever happens will be good, but it's driving me insane. I have a financial problem in both areas. I missed the deadline for scholarships at Texas State, and ACU is ridiculously expensive. Aside from finances (something God takes care of), I'd much rather live in Austin for the arts and people, but I'd rather live in Abilene for the community. I feel that if I stay in Abilene, I'll never leave. That bothers me. ACU is such a good freaking school and I'd really rather go there, but like I said...Austin is wonderful. And, if I ever wanted to transfer to UT (which would be awesome) I could easily do that. But if I ever wanted to transfer from ACU to somewhere, a lot of my credits wouldn't transfer. So. Hmm.

If I told you I wasn't worried about this college thing, I would be lying. However, I do have the faith that things will work out so it's useless to obsess over this. I just wish I had my answer. I still want to go to ACU so bad, so really, I just have to wait till the financial aid letters come in and stuff to know if funds will be provided. Geez. Hurry up financial aid! You're driving me crazy!

Honestly, I feel fine. I could totally go to school. My throat hurts and I might not talk a lot, but at the moment, I feel alright. Yesterday I thought I might've died. But I'm okay. Geez. Stupid flu.

You wanna know why I want to live in Austin? The bookstores and coffee shops, for starters. There's so many of them. Mikey introduced me to my new favorite coffee shop, the Spider House. The guy has good taste. He was only in Austin for two or three days before he found a coffee shop that trumped Dominican Joe's. The two are at neck and neck actually, the Spider House has horrible service, Dominican Joe people probably know me by name. As for the bookstores, oh my gosh. Let's not even go there. We're moving on to the retail there. There are so many good thrift and antique shops it's just ridiculous. Plus, all the good food there, and Costco. Can't forget Costco. I'd be able to go to Costco (and garage sales) with my dad whenever we wanted. It'd be good stuff.

Growing u p, my mom has always taught me to look at things from both good and bad angles. That's why every time I bring up a really good point on something, I always have a counter point for it. It's just the way I think. You can call it indecisiveness, I just call it the "Susan Senses."

I'm gonna go brush my teeth now. Bye bye.

2 comments:

Marvelous Maggie said...

Hahaha, the Susan Senses.

Okay, I'm going to give you my opinion about this whole thing. You can ignore if you want to, but I'm still going to tell you, haha.

Anyway. College.

III think that you would be a lot happier at Texas State. I mean, it's close to your dad and you love Austin. And when I was reading through the pros and cons of both, there were more pros for that one and more cons for ACU. I'm just saying. I think you'd be so much happier and more comfortable at Texas State.

That's just me though.

Good luck deciding and what not! I hope you can get it figured out.

I love you!

Mary K said...

really? i kind of feel the opposite. actually. i feel the same. see? i have two personalities. i dont know. ah!