Friday, November 28, 2008

I would like to have a whole day dedicated to movies. Disney movies (old and new), and classic old romance, and wonderful things of that nature.


I LOVE THE INCREDIBLES! And Kungfu Panda. Best animated movies ever. Along with Ice Age. Love 'em.




I like curling irons, the really big kind. And Mangias pizza, or something like that. I don't know what it's called, just some really good pizza place in Austin my dad took me to tonight. I also am quite infatuated with the local thrift store Buffalo Exchange, even if most things in there don't fit me. I just really like Austin a lot. Someday I will live here. Another day I will live in Colorado, then Maryland, and then somewhere foreign doing mission work.




Someday I'll have my own magazine. We will only report on testimonies and miracles. Our photo-stories will be National Geographic worthy, yet reporting on testimonies. There will be no "How to" guide on "How to improve your prayer life." There are plenty of magazines that do that. But how many actually are jam-packed ONLY with stories of miracles and the spiritual warfare that happens daily? How many Christian magazines report on immorality and the sick and their healing? All we want to do is better ourselves. But when do we report on other people on controversial issues? Hearing whats going on in GOD'S people is what will better ourselves, strengthen ourselves. We all know the churchy-religious aspects of politics, people, prayer life, but what about all of those things in action? What do we know about what happens in the lives of people we minister to? What happens on those mission trips we send our kids to? The youth group? What do ministers truly believe, and how do their daily lives live out? I want to read about that. I want to read about that. I want to see photo stories on people in mission trips. I want to see photo stories on the kid with an alcoholic father and how it affects him. Let's report on physcology, the role of parents in . Or on the fifteen year old who is raising money for kids in Africa to have clean water. I want to push every churchy boundary ever created in journalism, and I want to be successful. I want people to believe in miracles, but how can they believe in something they've never seen or heard of? How can they believe it if its only something they've heard of in church, and not seen played out in life?


I will also see Robert Plant and Allison Krauss in concert before I die. Nickel Creek as well. It'll happen :)


No comments: